After School & Summer Center Programming
Not sure which Club is yours? Please call us at (812) 332-5311 x215.
The Boys and Girls Clubs of Bloomington is a membership organization for youth. Once a child is registered for membership, they must wait 24 hours before attending the Club.
The Lincoln Street Club serves youth from the following schools: Binford, Childs, Clear Creek, Covenant Christian, Grandview, Harmony, Highland Park, Lakeview, Rogers, St. Charles, Summit, Templeton, The Project School, Unionville, University, Batchelor, Jackson Creek, and Bloomington High School South.
Member Eligibility Checklist
The purpose of this document is to promote positive and clear communication between staff and parents/guardians about membership at the Boys & Girls Club (BGC). In order to support the success and safety of all individuals registered and participating at the BGC, it is important that participants are indeed “Club ready.” To assist in determining if your child is “Club ready,” the following criteria have been developed:
- Youth is able to participate in Club programs independently or with minor accommodations.
- Youth is age 5***-18 years old.
- Participant is able to use the restroom independently or with minimal verbal prompting.
- Youth is able to take direction and instruction from a staff person.
- Youth is comfortable with, and able to interact in a group environment. Youth can successfully participate in a group with an adult to child ratio of at least 1 to 20 (one adult to every twenty youth)
- Youth interacts and participates in programs in a manner that is physically and emotionally safe for themselves and others.
- Youth does not require physical intervention for redirection, direction, assistance, or for any other reason.
If you believe that your child may not be ready, or have questions about the above, please feel free to schedule a meeting with the Unit Director for clarification.
***5 Year Old Membership Requirements:
Due to an increase in need for programming for 5 year olds that are of school age in Indiana, we are expanding membership eligibility starting in the Fall of 2022.
- Youth must be 5 years old on or before August 1st, 2022.
- Youth must have enrolled in and started Kindergarten in the Fall semester of 2022
- Youth must meet ALL of the above membership eligibility requirements.
- They must get approval from the Unit Director of the Club before attending. This may require a meeting or call with the parent in advance at the discretion of the Unit Director.
Although we typically charge only $20.00 annually for Club programs, our costs to run full-day programs and serve members in multiple sites in smaller groups requires us to charge a weekly fee. Thanks to generous community donations we are able to keep this fee for families low even though our operating costs have substantially increased.
Please note: To participate in the Club’s After School Programming structure, children must first become members of the Club, which includes a $20 annual membership fee in addition to the weekly cost.
For questions about the Club’s After School Programming, please contact us at email@example.com,
or by calling (812) 332-5311 x215.
While the times may have changed, our mission remains the same. We know that we will get through this together,
and we encourage everyone to be kind and compassionate to one another as we continue to adapt to this “new normal.” Please know that our commitment of fulfilling the mission of the Club is unwavering.