One Love Fund
What is the One Love Fund?
Established by Jack and Terry Eads to honor their sons, Jason and Brad, the One Love Fund provides support for the Club and the kids we serve in two specific ways:
1) the One Love Fund provides a scholarship for a Club kid in high school to support them in post-secondary plans. This can be related to a continuing academic achievement or skills training, apprenticeships, job training, or the trades. Applications are received all year long, but decisions are made in the Spring. **APPLY NOW! DECISIONS WILL BE MADE AT THE END OF MAY 2023** To inquiry about the scholarship, contact Leslie Abshier at email@example.com. To apply fill out the application here.
2) the One Love Fund provides support for basic necessities for kids most in need. If a child needs a coat in the winter, supplies for back to school, or shoes when they get too small, this fund provides for kids immediate needs.
How can you help support the One Love Fund?
Donate to items on the wishlist of basic necessities that are needed by kids regularly at the Club.
- tennis shoes
- undershirts (white t-shirts)
- camis or tank-tops
- school supplies
- beach/pool towels
- sweatpants in sizes for kids ages 5-7
- NEW swimsuits
- NEW underwear in sizes for kids ages 5-7 in case of accidents
- feminine products for teens at the Club
- razors and razor blades
- shaving cream
- dental floss
- body wash
- face wash
Thank you for your support! If you have questions, please contact Leslie Abshier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See Your Impact
Añé is a young woman who began attending the Boys & Girls Clubs of Bloomington at the age of eight. Añé’s childhood support system was limited and she found herself in and out of youth shelters. The one constant was the Club. Staff reached deep into her troubled life and challenged her to envision a better future for herself.